Cat 6 extenders support 4K at 60 Hz video on HDR displays
Tripp Lite's B127-series transmitters and receivers extend 4K at 60 Hz HDMI or DisplayPort video signals up to 125 feet from a laptop, Blu-ray player, streaming box or other video source over Cat 6 cabling.
Tripp Lite now offers what it bills as a cost-effective alternative to fiber cables for extending 4K at 60 Hz video signals to HDMI televisions and monitors. The company's B127 series of extenders and splitter/extenders carries audio/video signals over Cat 6 cable and supports 4K at 60 Hz resolutions with 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for compatibility with high dynamic range (HDR) displays. The new extenders broaden Tripp Lite's existing offering of audio/video infrastructure products.
The company says its B127-series transmitters and receivers extend 4K at 60 Hz HDMI or DisplayPort video signals up to 125 feet from a laptop, Blu-ray player, streaming box or other video source over Cat 6 cable, which is economical and commonly available. Power over Cable (PoC) technology allows the Cat 6 cable to also carry power to the receivers, eliminating the need for additional power at the receiver end.
"The ability to use Cat6 cable to extend 4K at 60 Hz video significantly reduces installation costs," said David Posner, Director of Product Marketing, Connectivity, for Tripp Lite. "And splitting the signal for viewing on up to four screens can help simplify setups. By offering both HDMI to HDMI and DisplayPort to HDMI configurations with 4:4:4 support, Tripp Lite provides customers with practical options for creating professional-quality digital signage."
In summary, key features of Tripp Lite's B127-Series Cat 6 Extenders and Splitter/Extenders product line include the following:
- Available in HDMI to HDMI and DisplayPort to HDMI configurations to extend signals up to 125 feet from the video source
- Support for video resolutions up to 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) at 60 Hz
- Support for 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for compatibility with high dynamic range (HDR) displays
- Support for up to 7.1-channel surround sound audio
- Meet HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 standards
- Power over Cable (PoC) provides power to receivers over Cat6 cable
- Select transmitters support connection of a local HDMI monitor
Extender kits include a transmitter and one, two or four receivers. HDMI transmitters and receivers are also available individually. Learn more at tripplite.com.