Chatsworth Products (CPI), a manufacturer of infrastructure products for data centers, telecommunications rooms and edge networking, announced it was awarded a new U.S. Patent for its Motive Vertical Cable Manager.
U.S. Patent No. 10,271,452, describes a vertical cable manager featuring a central track system and set of tool-less accompanying accessories that facilitate numerous cable segregation configurations, while enabling maximum space utilization. To date, Motive is the only cable manager in the market that simultaneously offers these features successfully, claims the company.
Since its release in late 2016, the CPI Motive Vertical Cable Manager has received much attention and acclaim at industry trade events and in the press. In 2017, Motive Vertical Cable Manager received the platinum-level award—the highest honor—at the Cabling Installation & Maintenance (CI&M) Innovators Awards Ceremony.
"With the ever-increasing demand for higher data rates, more bandwidth and higher densities, CPI recognized the market’s need for a highly configurable cable management solution with an emphasis on fiber-optic cable support for a variety of cable media, all while enabling optimal airflow and cable slack management practices," commented CPI senior product manager Duke Robertson. "This patent is another demonstration of CPI’s pioneering expertise in cable management and product design. Our close relationship with customers and awareness of technology advancements were paramount in the development of this product. We are honored by this recognition of our efforts in innovation."
The product's main features and benefits, according to CPI, include:
* Maximum utilization of space – Central track system provides unlimited adjustability with versatile direct support for cable bundles, while allowing maximum use of interior space.
* Intuitive, tool-less design – Accessories attach to the cable manager, enabling support and management of cables, as well as quick attachment, removal and adjustment.
* Cable guide and protection – Improved cable guide design aligns with each rack mount space and the door has a single latch for easy operation.
* Support of current and future cabling needs – Versatile configurability and fiber-friendly design mitigate poor cabling practices regarding cable slack, bend radii and cable organization.
* Enhanced user experience – Many design elements—big and small—are integrated into Motive. For example, a hook feature included inside the front door provides a convenient location for technicians to place a test meter.
CPI is listed with the General Services Administration (GSA) under Federal Supply Schedule IT 70. Products are also available through GSA Advantage and through Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), including GSA Connections and NITAAC-ECS III. Learn more at www.chatsworth.com.