"This is after the clean-up. Notice that the cables are channeled down the sides. We use inexpensive guides that screw on to keep the cables to the side. We used lots of velcro (about every 6 inches) to bundle cables. We parted everything down the center, and used the left and right sides of the rack to organize the cables. Each row on the patch panel was bundled together and connected to the same switch. The switches were interconnected in an effecient way (not daisy chained). The coloring actually means very little in this case. We used what cables we had. Some are colour codes, but not many. We put plenty of space between the switches and lowering the density helps incredibly in keeping the cabling under control. It took 4 hours to do the wiring, and about 2 hours to do the planning (part of the project was to trace 8 connections and move them to a Gigabit switch)."
See also:Time to rethink cable management<<< Go BackNEXT: Scenario #3 >>>