Leviton recently introduced the Cat 6A Universal Tool-Free Plug—a field-terminable plug that the company explains facilitates rapid termination without proprietary tools.
“This new plug is fast and easy to install, and is built with a rugged metal body that provides superior alien crosstalk and EMI/RFI suppression while supporting 10GBase-T networks and 100W Power over Ethernet applications,” Leviton said when announcing the plug. “The Cat 6A Universal Tool-Free Plug accommodates a variety of network applications, including the ability to connect directly to Ethernet devices in fixed locations with a field-terminated solution.”
Mark Dearing, senior product manager at Leviton Network Solutions, added, “The Cat 6A Universal Tool-Free Plug delivers a standards-based approach that allows easy connection to Ethernet devices throughout the building. More IP devices are being installed in buildings, many of which have connections in plenum spaces. The Cat 6A Plug offers an efficient way to connect to devices like cameras and WAPs without the use of a proprietary tool.”
The plug’s features include the following.
- Full compatibility with shielded and unshielded cabling
- Full backward compatibility to Category 5e and Category 6 cabling
- Die-cast housing for plenum-rating, durability and 360-degree shielding
- Long release latch that ensures easy insertion and removal in confined spaces
- Accommodation of 22- to 26-AWG solid or stranded conductors, allowing it to be used with a wide variety of cable types