We're fast approaching the April 30 deadline for early-bird entries into the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Innovators Awards program. If you haven't yet completed (or started!) your entry, we have five tips that will ensure you put your best foot forward with our judging panel.
Identify a Product or Project Worth Bragging About
We welcome both products and projects as entries. If your company offers a product or service that is innovative, then you deserve the recognition that comes with receiving an Innovators Award. Likewise, if your company participated in a project that is a noteworthy example of innovation in practice, you can demonstrate that achievement in the form of an Innovators Award.
Describe How Your Entry Fulfills an Innovative Characteristic
Our judging panel will review entries based on the extent to which they are innovative beyond previous products, technologies, systems, or approaches. We offer the following characteristics as suggestions. Use your entry as a way to explain how your submission innovates in any of the following ways—or in an interesting way we haven't listed here.
- Innovative approach to project, application or product design and implementation
- Value to the user, measured by qualities such as ROI, loss prevention, business-efficiency gains, or other qualities
- Sustainability, characterized by overall eco-friendliness, long-term value, lifecycle cost-effectiveness, or other measures
- Meeting a defined need as a well-conceived, well-executed initiative that fully meets specific user requirements
- Collaboration, which can include communication and cooperation throughout the value chain through which the product or system is procured or deployed
- Impact, which can be identified by describing the difference the project, application or product made on the professionals involved, on the productivity of its ultimate users, and/or on society as a whole
- Any other characteristic you can specify. The program exists to honor the innovations and beyond-the-norm thinking of professionals like you
Include Supporting Documentation
Whether it's photos, video, specification sheets, technical descriptions or any documentation you can make available, our judging panel will review all material from each submission. Testimonials from users and other professionals involved—whether they go on the record or prefer to remain anonymous—are valuable and encouraged. Take the opportunity to "show and tell" by providing as much supporting documentation as you can to let us know what separates your entry from the crowd.
Celebrate Your Customers And Partners
When describing your product or project, use the entry as an opportunity to recognize your customers and your installation partners who deliver your products and systems to the market. Your customers can gain recognition as forward-thinking, problem-solving organizations that employ innovative technologies to optimize their business performance. And including your installation partners in the story emphasizes your company’s commitment to deploying systems with high-quality workmanship and top-notch expertise.
Call or eMail if We Can Help You
Our chief editor Patrick McLaughlin is managing the program, and is available to discuss anything that can help you complete an entry. He can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 603-891-9222.