8 key components for successful grounding and bonding
New blog from Chatsworth Products, Inc. (CPI) highlights.
According to CPI, the key components include:
1. Grounding busbar: Provides a central ground attachment point for equipment located in the data center or equipment room.
2. Compression lugs and taps: Connect copper or tinned copper conductors to busbars, racks, cabinets, cable runways or other conductors.
3. Two-mounting hole ground terminal block: Provides a convenient way to attach ground wires to racks or cabinets.
4. Ground wire and jumpers: Insulated conductor connects equipment, racks, cabinets, pedestals and pipes to the rack and grounding busbars.
5. Rack busbars: Consolidate equipment grounds on racks and cabinets.
6. Pedestal clamp with grounding connector: Connects raised access floor pedestals to the grounding busbar or supports bare ground wires to make a signal reference and grid.
7. Pipe clamp with grounding connector: Attaches ground wires to metal pipes.
8. Cable runway ground strap kit: Bonds cable runway across splices.
Read the entire blog entry at www.chatsworth.com/blog.
Search for Grounding/Bonding Equipment in our Online Buyer's Guide