Light Brigade offering 9 fiber-optic technical training courses in Denver, CO
Forthcoming fiber-optic technical training sessions in Colorado to be hosted by Light Brigade's partner Jones/NCTI.
AFL's education and training division, Light Brigade, and technical trainer Jones/NCTI have expanded their joint relationship to bring Light Brigade’s fiber-optic training programs closer to front-line cabling installers. In 2015, Jones/NCTI will host all nine Light Brigade training courses scheduled in the Denver, Colorado area, beginning in January.
“Light Brigade has been developing and delivering the very best in fiber-optic training for nearly 30 years,” commented Steve Althoff, executive vice president and general manager of equipment and training for AFL. “Our expanded relationship with Jones/NCTI helps us to continue this tradition and to broaden the reach of both organizations as leaders in our respective areas of training.”
The nine Light Brigade courses that will take place at Jones/NCTI’s Denver-area facility are as follows:
• January 20-23, 2015 - Fiber Optics for Utilities
• February 10-13, 2015 - Fiber Optics 1-2-3
• July 14-15, 2015 - Emergency Restoration
• July 14-17, 2015 - Fiber Optics 1-2-3
• September 9-10, 2015 - Certified Fiber-to-the-Home Professional
• September 21-25, 2015 - Fiber Optics for ITS, Traffic, Fire Alarm, and Communication Systems
• October 13-16, 2015 - Advanced Hands-on Modules
• October 27-29, 2015 - FTTx OSP Design
• December 1-4, 2015 - FTTx for Installers & Technicians
All classes will be held at Jones/NCTI’s state-of-the-art learning facility, located at its corporate office in Centennial, Colorado.
Wayne Applehans, president and chief product officer for Jones/NCTI added, “As more broadband services are being delivered via IP technologies and FTTx architectures are being deployed to bring fiber-optic cable closer to the customer, the number of field staff working with this technology continues to increase. Our enhanced relationship with Light Brigade will combine our distance learning programs with Light Brigade’s hands-on training opportunities, and help to advance front-line employees’ skill sets for the broadband marketplace.”