Wireless probe for fiber inspection
Senko’s Smart Probe has an integrated WiFi module and can be used with smartphones, tablets or laptops.
Senko’s Smart Probe is “an ergonomically designed, compact WiFi probe for smartphones, tablets and laptops/PCs,” the company explains, “featuring an integrated WiFi module and left/right-handed thumb or finger operation for ease of use and convenience.” The probe incorporates a high-resolution sensor, Senko notes, with the ability to output 960x544-pixel-resolution images at 16:9 aspect ratio.
“The Smart Probe can easily view two MT/MPO fibers rather than just a single fiber,” the company says. “The app, available from Google Play, includes digital zoom and still-capture capabilities.”
Senko lists the Smart Probe’s features as follows.
- Completely wireless probe capability
- Integrated WiFi module
- Highly compact and easy-to-use design
- Left- or right-handed thumb/finger operation
- 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio with 457-micron or 259-micron field-of-view to view multiple MT/MPO fibers
- 328x magnification based on 7-inch tablet screen
- Free smartphone/tablet app with digital zoom and still-capture functions
- Tips for all common connector types for both patch-cord and patch-panel inspection