The United States Air Force has issued a request-for-quote solicitation for the installation of Category 6 copper as well as fiber-optic cabling at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico. The RFQ for the small-business-set-aside was posted on May 4 and responses are due back by May 21.
A statement of work (SOW) is available on the fbo.gov website. That SOW explains the cabling infrastructure will be installed at buildings 333 and 20449 on the base.
Following are some additional details from the SOW on what will be installed in each building.
- 275 Category 6 cables to 86 locations
- New relay rack, fiber distribution panels and Category 6 patch panels
- Two, 96-strand singlemode tie cables
- Two, 100-pair copper cables
- One, 24-strand singlemode cable
- One, 12-strand singlemode cable
- 260 Category 6 cables to 84 locations
- New relay rack
- One, 200-pair copper cable
- Fiber distribution panels and Category 6 patch panels
- Light fixture
- Extension of existing singlemode fiber from an existing location
It specifies brand names for some but not all products that will be installed.
The primary point of contact for this bidding opportunity is Julia E. Johnson, contracting officer, who can be reached by email here.
You can also download the complete statement of work from fbo.gov here.