Hitachi Cable Manchester reports that it is expanding its sales organization due to significant sales growth in its copper and optical fiber cable business during the last 18 months.
The company says it is expanding the sales organization to support future growth. The following organizational changes will be effective July 1:
* Ron Ruggiero is retiring as HCM's president. After almost 16 years with the Manchester facility, he will assume the position as advisor to the president. In his new position, Ruggiero will assist in the overall management of HCM with the incoming president.
* Hideo Kusumi has been promoted to president. Kusumi was transferred from Hitachi Cable, Ltd. in 2003 and assumed the position of executive vice president.
* Brian Griggs has been promoted from senior vice president to executive vice president. In addition to direct responsibility for manufacturing and engineering, Griggs will also be responsible for purchasing and production control.
* Lynne Humenik has been promoted from vice president to senior vice president of premise and fiber optics. Humenik's new responsibilities will include increased focus on long-term growth and strategy, premise supplier relationship development, enhanced concentration on profitability and sales growth and responsibility for OEM accounts.
* Stephen Dane, RCDD, has been promoted to North American sales manager. Dane was the northeast regional manager for HCM for more than four years and has considerably increased sales revenue and the customer base in the Northeast. Dane will be responsible for the regional manager organization and all sales in North America. He will continue to report to Humenik in his new function.
Jac Schmidt joins HCM as the central regional sales manager. Schmidt has vast industry experience that he gained through management positions with Anixter, Graybar and Crescent Datacomm.
Also joining HCM as the south east regional sales manager is Eddie Miller, RCDD. Miller has more than 15 years experience in the cable industry including positions with Draka and Anixter as well as seven years as a contractor.
HCM is based in Manchester, NH. For more information visit www.hcm.Hitachi.com.