Fiber-optic safety DVD
Video from The Light Brigade covers safety practices during installation, confined spaces, testing, inspection and more.
The Light Brigade, the training division of AFL, recently released a DVD titled "Fiber Optic Safety." The Light Brigade describes the DVD as "a training tool to enhance the fiber-optic safety program of anyone who works with optical fibers or lasers, or who installs or operates fiber-optic communications systems."
The DVD has 10 chapters, including a chapter on each of the following topics (among others).
- Optical fiber handling and safety
- Fiber and laser testing and inspection equipment types and applications
- Safety practices during installation and restoration
- Potential safety problems, their causes and potential solutions
- Safety in confined spaces
The DVD also includes a quiz with a matching instructor version, written in Microsoft Word to allow for customization.
BICSI recognizes the Fiber Optic Safety DVD for one credit toward each of the following professional designations: RCDD, RITP, Installer 2 Copper/Fiber, Technician, Certified Trainer.
You may also be interested in this story: Free poster highlights 10 fiber-safety rules