Belden Electronics Division has announced the availability of a new composite cable comprised of six DataTwist 350 Category 5e data cables.
These cables are bundled together using a patent-pending design called Banana Peel. The Banana Peel design affixes the six cables to a center spline - eliminating the need for an overall jacket. Installers reap the following benefits:
* Labor and cost-savings are achieved by being able to pull six cables at once,
* Since there is no overall jacket (or outer binder) to strip off, a whole step in the termination process has been eliminated,
* Installers do not have to contend with an outer binder that snags when pulled through the cable pathways and unravels when the individual legs are broken out,
* Without an overall jacket, the bundled cables have a smaller OD (0.600") than traditional overall-jacketed and bundled cables. This offers an improved bend radius for a faster, easier installation,
* A smaller OD means a smaller size conduit.
Each DataTwist 350 cable in this bundled configuration is UL-verified to meet or exceed TIA/EIA Category 5e component standards. Each cable exhibits stable electrical performance to 350 MHz - more than triple the verified frequency range of the TIA/EIA Category 5e standard.
To provide the benefit of Installable Performance, DataTwist 350 Banana Peel Composite cables have Bonded-Pairs. Belden bonds the pairs by using an innovative design and manufacturing process that affixes the individual, insulated conductors together along their longitudinal axes.
Belden is based in Richmond, IN. For more information visit www.belden.com.