According to CommScope, Uniprise offers complete cabling solutions for Category 5e and Category 6 performance, as well as multimode and singlemode fiber solutions that exceed the specifications required by accepted telecommunications industry standards. Uniprise solutions have designed product compatibility and a 20-year warranty.
"We intend to address different market needs with our two enterprise solution brands," said Randy Crenshaw, executive vice president and general manager of CommScope Enterprise Solutions, when the introduction of Uniprise was announced. "The industry-leading Systimax Solutions, a CommScope company, will continue to offer premium, cutting-edge solutions to its global customers. The Uniprise brand will provide customers with competitive performance and value-oriented solutions based on established technology.
"We are excited to position a second structured cabling solution for enterprise networks. Uniprise is an integrated solution built upon proven connectivity technology from our recent acquisition and CommScope's high-performance cable. With the introduction of Uniprise, we have expanded our ability to serve the needs of the total enterprise market."
Along with a release announcing Uniprise, CommScope issued a frequently-asked-questions document addressing the positioning of its Uniprise and Systimax brands. Among the key points in that document:
* The two brands will be sold through separate sales forces and delivered to the market through various sales distribution channels. CommScope compared the dynamic to that of Daimler/Chrysler and Volkswagen/Audi in the automobile market.
* CommScope will continue to offer its cable products individually.
* Currently there are no plans to offer Uniprise internationally.
* The company will not warrant performance between Uniprise and Systimax products.
* Uniprise's connectivity components will be manufactured within CommScope facilities and by contract manufacturers.
* The 20-year Uniprise warranty applies when the system is installed by a Uniprise Certified Installer. CommScope offers a training program for certified installers.
* The company plans to introduce end-to-end solutions for coaxial cable used in enterprise applications within the next few months.