Joseph D. Kish
Joseph D. Kish is a 45-year "veteran" of the computer and information transport industry, a Senior Field Applications Engineer with TE Connectivity/Enterprise Networks Division. He is a member of CSI (Construction Specifications Institute) and a BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Services International) accredited RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) since 1995. He has sat on the BuildEx Seattle Presentation Advisory Board and the Telecommunications Industry Association Standards Committee for Health Care, the BICSI BIM Standards Committee, and the CSI Building Technology Education Program Task Team. Mr. Kish is also a member of the TR-42 Engineering Committee with Telecommunications Industry Association.
Joseph has been employed with TE Connectivity since 1973.
Some of Mr. Kish’s other accomplishments are:
- Helped write and teach classes on LAN Design, Installation, Certification, Troubleshooting, and Outside Plant installation and Certification
- Worked with IBEW/JATC training centers in Washington, Alaska, and Utah to train trainers and electricians on LAN/Telecommunications cabling
- Worked with Design Consultants, End-Users, and Contractors as a technical resource on Standards; standards relationship to codes; cabling practices and system troubleshooting
- Worked with numerous electrical and telecommunications contractors throughout the western U.S.
- Set up schools in Washington, Oregon, Utah, Minnesota, and Kansas, as authorized training centers for TE Connectivity to “fill the gap” of trained and qualified installation technicians.
- Project managed network infrastructure installations in various locals throughout the western US.
- Worked with the Washington Communication Cabling Contractors Association to help Washington State write and pass the Telecommunications Endorsement (O9) for the Electrical board.
- Main contact within TE Connectivity Enterprise Division on all CSI Master Format issues and questions
- Write and review boilerplate specifications for telecommunications infrastructure for TE Connectivity Enterprise Networks Division customers