The "Security Infrastructure Resource Guide," available for free from Anixter, includes six sections and an appendix that "will help you determine the right infrastructure products for the application, pay attention to performance standards, and follow best practices," the company says.
Anyone can download the document free of charge after providing their contact information. In describing the guide's usefulness, Anixter says, "Whether you're planning the design and installation of a traditional analog coaxial system or a modern IP security system, your cabling infrastructure matters enormously. It can be the single point of failure if not planned and installed correctly."
The guide's sections are:
- Current Trends and Business Drivers Affecting Cabling Infrastructure Decisions
- Current Infrastructure and the Benefits of Standards
- Best Practices and Cabling Infrastructure for Security Systems
- Key Considerations and Best Practices for All Security Infrastructure
- Key Considerations for Deploying Security Infrastructure Solutions