The Plastic Optical Fiber Trade Organization (POFTO) will hold its POF Symposium during OFC 2014 (March 9-13) at San Francisco's Moscone Center. The symposium will cover recent developments in POF technology, light sources, applications, technical standards, industry progress, and new markets.
During the program, speakers from around the world will review opportunities for POF in areas such as Gigabit POF, high-temperature POF, aerospace and automobile applications, new GI-POF fabrication techniques, POF sources, IPTV, consumer devices, and POF sensors, among others.
The event will take place in Moscone Center's Expo Theater II--South, Exhibit Hall A on Thursday, March 13 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., and will include the following presentations:
1. Products and Technologies for Commercial Deployment of Gigabit POF Networks
Presenter: Whitney R. White, cofounder and CEO of Chromis Fiberoptics (Warren, NJ)
2. Visible Range LEDs for Up to 5.5 Gbit/s Short Reach Data Transmission Over SI-POF
Presenter: Juri Vinogradov, POFAC (Nürnberg, Germany)
3. Understanding Coupling Losses of Step-Index Polymer Optical Fibers for Power Budget Calculation
Presenter: Stefan Werzinger, POFAC (Nürnberg, Germany)
4. Continuous Melt-spinning Fabrication Method for Graded-Index Polymer Fibers
Presenter: Markus Beckers, RWTH Aachen, ITA (Aachen, Germany)
5. Copolymers as Starting Materials for High Temperature POF
Presenter: Daniel Zaremba, Technische Universität Braunschweig (Braunschweig, Germany)
6. Theoretical and Experimental Characterization of Active POFs
Presenter: Jon Arrue, University of the Basque Country, Spain
7. High Bitrate Transmission over SI-POF
Presenter: Marco Dietrich, ELCON Systemtechnik GmbH (Hartmannsdorf, Germany)
On the OFC show floor in booth #3679, POFTO will also host its POF Technology and Applications Pavilion, where POFTO member companies will demonstrate their products and technologies, and attendees can bring their problems and receive design advice on POF solutions from industry experts.
Learn more about the POF Symposium.