During the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) TR-42 Committee meetings the week of January 28, the odd-numbered cabling standards development committees—TR-42.1, TR.42.3, TR-42.5, TR-42.7, TR-42.9, TR-42.11, and TR-42.13—elected chairs and vice chairs, each of whom will serve two-year terms in those leadership roles.
Here are the newly elected and re-elected chairs and vice chairs.
- TR-42.1 Premises Telecommunications Infrastructure: Joseph Cody of Corning was re-elected chair and Diane Forbes of NIS was re-elected vice-chair.
- TR-42.3 Telecommunications Administration, Pathways, Spaces, Bonding and Grounding: Cindy Montstream of Legrand was re-elected chair and Jonathan Jew of J&M Consultants was re-elected vice chair.
- TR-42.5 Telecommunications Infrastructure Terms and Symbols: Ron Tellas of Belden was re-elected chair and Diane Forbes of NIS was re-elected vice chair.
- TR-42.7 Telecommunications Copper Cabling Systems: Wayne Larsen of CommScope was elected chair and Sterling Vaden of TE Connectivity was elected vice chair.
- TR-42.9 Industrial Telecommunications Infrastructure: Brad Woodman of Molex was elected chair and Brian Shuman of Belden was elected vice chair.
- TR-42.11 Optical Fiber Systems: Phil Irwin of Panduit was elected chair and Dan Morris of KITCO Fiber Optics was elected vice chair.
- TR-42.13 Passive Optical Devices and Fiber Optic Metrology: Greg Sandels of OFS was re-elected chair and Dan Morris of KITCO Fiber Optics was re-elected vice chair.
There is one other committee within TR-42—TR-42.12 Optical Fibers and Cables. That committee, as well as the overall TR-42 committee, will elect leadership in January 2020. Currently, OFS’s Sandels serves as TR-42 chair, Belden’s Henry Franc serves as vice chair, and J&M’s Jew serves as secretary. In TR-42.12, Patrick Van Vickle of Sumitomo Electric Lightwave is chair and Roman Shubochkin of OFS is vice chair.
TIA TR-42 and its member committees meet in person three times per year. The individual committees, and task groups within those committees, meet more frequently, typically via teleconference. TR-42’s next meeting will take place June 10-14 in Vancouver, BC, Canada.