IEEE announces 'Global Standards at IEEE' seminar
IEEE announced that it will be hosting a Global Standards at IEEE seminar in Bangalore, India, on 9 March 2010.
PISCATAWAY, N.J. --IEEE announced that it will be hosting a Global Standards at IEEE seminar in Bangalore, India, on 9 March 2010 at the Royal Palace Ballroom, Leela Palace Hotel.
As part of its program to reach out to global technologists, the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) is offering this seminar as part of a full outreach program in India. Bringing together leaders from industry, the seminar will focus on global standards development at the IEEE and collaborative efforts among organizations and industry. It will cover an overview of the IEEE standards development process, including discussion of the IEEE-SA Corporate Program and the IEEE standards intellectual property rights policy. Global Standards at IEEE will feature several IEEE standards and their respective applications in industry.
Case study presentations will cover: Deploying software product and process standards, IEEE debug standards, progress of IEEE P1901 Draft Standard for Broadband over Power Line Networks: Medium Access Control and Physical Layer Specifications, Smart Grid, IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband wireless access systems supporting vehicular mobility, IEEE Design Automation standards and their impact on industry, IEEE 802.16 for the mobile internet and IEEE 802.Qbf and traffic engineering and infrastructure.
The initial list of seminar participants includes:
* Dennis B. Brophy, Director, Strategic Business Development, Mentor Graphic Corporation; IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Chair
* Jim Hughes, Senior Standards Strategist, Microsoft Corporation; IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group member
* Phil Wennblom, Director of International Standards, Regulations and Technology Programs, Intel Corporation; IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group member
* Dr. Mark Epstein, Senior Vice President, Development, QUALCOMM Incorporated; IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group member
* Kesav V. Nori, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science, IIIT Hyderabad
* Rob Oshana, Director of Global Software R&D, Freescale Semiconductor; IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group member
* Purva Rajkotia, Director for Global Standards and Regulations, Intellon Corporation
* Dr. Jashavant Patel, Vice President and Head, Global R&D Centre, Crompton Greaves Ltd
* Dr. Radhakrishna Canchi, Director, Kyocera Telecommunications Research Center (KTRC), Kyocera Wireless Corporation
* Karen Bartleson, Senior Director, Community Marketing, Synopsys Corporation; IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group member
* Jose Puthenkulam, Director of WiMAX Standards, Mobile Wireless Group, Intel Corporation; Vice-Chair, IEEE 802.16
* Dr. Abhay Karandikar, Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
More information about the seminar can be found at: http://standards.ieee.org/corpforum/seminars/india/index.html.
In addition, the IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group will hold visits and information sessions with organizations in New Delhi and Bangalore, India. For further information on these visits, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karen McCabe, +1 732-562-3824
IEEE-SA Marketing Director