Tester provides vision into dark coaxial cabling networks
Tool can map runs through splitters using up to four coaxial RF remotes.
The Coax Clarifier from T3 Innovation is a tester that "makes it simple and easy to discern the layout of a coax network, locate faults on individual cable runs, identify remotes through splitters, and determine cable run length," the company says. "In addition, separate wiremapping sets allow a technician to map out the entire coax system and measure the quality and characterization of the overall network for carrying services such as high-grade video, surveillance data and HD programming."
T3 Innovation lists the Coax Clarifier's features as follows.
- Identifies cable faults
- Displays cable run quality
- Detects coaxial RF remotes through splitters
- Locates splitters in the system
- Tests and grades splitter performance
- Measures cable length up to 1,500 feet
- Wiremaps up to 12 coaxial locations
The single unit provides discovery, quality and condition testing all in one, the company notes.