Leviton recently introduced the Front Loading UTP QuickPort Patch Panel. The panel contains a front-loading bezel and is designed to ease deployment in existing networks, enabling easy upgrades and simplifying frequent moves, adds, and changes, the company said when introducing it. “The panels are available in 2RU 48-port format, compatible with all QuickPort connectors and fit all industry-standard 19-inch racks and cabinets,” Leviton said.“Our new front-loading panel expands our existing broad offering of patch panels,” said Jennifer Yanni, senior product manager for Leviton Network Solutions. “These panels provide network administrators an efficient way to add or change network ports without disrupting active connections, reducing the chance of unplanned downtime.”
The company pointed out characteristics that differentiate the UTP QuickPort Patch Panel from other offerings, including the following.
- Convenient front loading when access to the back of the panel is limited
- Easy port mapping with vertical numbering
- Compatibility with Leviton’s QuickPort products
- Dual rear cable management bar option
- Support for North American and European Union panel grounding and bonding requirements
The panel is available through Leviton’s distribution network.