Presented by Robert Reid and Phil Irwin of Panduit, a December 13 webinar from the Fiber Optics Tech Consortium (FOTC) of TIA will discuss the management of polarity in 16/24 MPO fiber cabling systems and micro form-factor connectors (CS, SN and MDC) supporting evolving applications. The talk will highlight polarity management changes in the latest version of the TIA-568 standard, including the new "universal" wirings.
Managing polarity and connector gender in structured cabling supporting transceiver “break-outs” will be illustrated through application use cases. The value of gender and polarity changing MPO connectors in cable plant migration and field test and measurement will also be discussed.
Attendees of the webinar will earn one BICSI Continuing Education credit.
FOTC notes that an understanding fiber polarity and how to connect a system with absolute certainty is key to a successful installation. To foster such an understanding, the consortium said that, in particular, the webinar will discuss the following “hot topics” about polarity and give attendees the information they need to be confident in their installations:
- Managing polarity in 16 and 24 fiber cabling systems (specific to higher speed data center transceivers).
- The new changes to the ‘E’ version of TIA-568 (including the new A/B Universal wirings).
- Evolving polarity rules for micro form-factor connectors (CS, SN and MDC).
- Managing polarity in transceiver “break-out” applications.
- Gender and polarity changing MPO connectors and how they aid cable plant migration.
FOTC members include the following companies:
- Light Brigade
- Siemon Company
- Sumitomo Electric Lightwave
- Superior Essex
- VIAVI Solutions