Web seminar explains WBMMF, the next generation of multimode fiber
Hosted by the TIA Fiber Optics Technology Consortium, the seminar on wideband multimode fiber will be delivered by TR-42.11 chair Paul Kolesar.
On Thursday, August 20, the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) Fiber Optics Technology Consortium (FOTC) will host a 75-minute web seminar discussing wideband multimode fiber—WBMMF—which it characterizes as the next generation of multimode. Airing live beginning at 11:00am EDT, the seminar will be delivered by Paul Kolesar, engineering fellow with CommScope, who chairs the TIA’s TR-42.11 Committee, which is developing the performance specifications for WBMMF.
“Learn all about WBMMF, the next generation of multimode fiber, and its applications,” the FOTC said when announcing the seminar. It added that the seminar will address the following.
- Application drivers
- Multiplexing technology
- Trends in wave-division multiplexing
- Trends in parallel fiber transmission
- Trends in short-wavelength WDM (SWDM)
- SWDM analysis
- Benefits of SWDM and WBMMF
- Cabling evolution roadmap
- WBMMF specification requirements
- Bandwidth performance data
- Transmission performance at 100 meters
- Transmission test configuration
Attendees of the seminar will be eligible to receive 1 continuing education credit (CEC) toward BICSI’s ICT professional credentials.