CommScope's MTDC Alliance brings in 5 more colo- data center giants
Six months after launching its Multi-Tenant Data Center (MTDC) Alliance, CommScope announced that it now welcomes five new members to the group’s roster.
Six months after launching its Multi-Tenant Data Center (MTDC) Alliance, CommScope announced that it now welcomes five new members to the group’s roster, and is introducing an advisory board. Per a company statement, the new board includes leaders from the following global multi-tenant providers:
- Digital Realty supports data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,300 firms around the world, clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes.
- RagingWire operates 1.5 million square feet of data center space, with significant expansion plans in the works in North America.
- T5 has delivered or operated more than 100 mission critical facilities containing 11 million square feet of space for some of the world’s leading companies.
- Cologix provides data center and interconnection solutions from 24 prime locations across nine strategic North American edge markets.
- Aligned Energy is an infrastructure technology company that offers colocation and build-to-scale solutions to cloud, enterprise and managed service providers.
The CommScope MTDC Advisory Board will help clients better understand product and solutions needs, as well as services that can be provided by all members. The board will meet bi-annually.
“Our MTDC advisory board can help customers find the right location and space that suits their needs. There are a lot of questions, and we’re here to provide the right answers,” comments Angela Haneklau, vice president of global ecosystem partners for CommScope. “These partners will be influential to the MTDC Alliance, which was created to verify the quality of third-party data centers and serve as a resource for data center operators, service providers, cloud providers and enterprises who are considering (or are already) outsourcing IT.”
Formed in June 2017, the MTDC Alliance – part of CommScope’s PartnerPRONetwork – was created to address the shift taking place in which companies increasingly outsource data centers to shared environments versus building, owning and operating their own. Leasing space in an MTDC allows business owners to enjoy optimal data center availability, reliability and cost control, notes the company. Equinix was the first member of the PartnerPRO Network to join the MTDC Alliance.