With summer temperatures being hotter than average for most the United States, power consumption is expected to surge and, as a result, consumer spending on electricity is expected to increase.
In data centers, where cooling and operating costs are a top concern, electricity spending is likely to climb as well. Here are a few tips to elevate your airflow management strategy, and minimize cooling costs.
- Are your cabinets fully equipped to prevent bypass airflow?
- Snap-In Filler Panels block airflow through open rack-mount spaces to help keep the hot air at the back of the cabinet.
- Air Dam blocks airflow around the sides and top of the equipment mounting space so cold air passes through equipment and hot air does not recirculate around equipment.
- Side Panel with Brush Sealed Cable Openings feature multiple brush sealed cable openings that allow cables to enter the side of the cabinet while containing exhaust air within each cabinet.
- Seal Kit covers unused holes in the frame for hinges and installation brackets to prevent bypass airflow.
- Are your hot/cold aisles well contained?
- The Build to Spec Kit is a field-fabricated duct that is used over a contained hot aisle as part of a closed hot air return. This solution integrates with perimeter cooling, provides immediate improved cooling efficiency and is compatible with economization methods. It is ideal for retrofit applications over a mix of cabinets, including cabinets of varying heights, widths and depths.
- Vertical Exhaust Ducts are attached to cabinets, and channel the hot exhaust air out of the cabinet and up into the drop ceiling, segregating the hot air out of the room, and ducting it back passively into the CRAC units.
- CPI Aisle Containment Doors slide open and automatically close behind you. Special attention was payed to the door seal design and performance to minimize airflow leakage to maximize energy savings.
- What’s the color of your cabinets?
- CPI Glacier White cabinets are highly reflective, helping to brighten narrow equipment rows, while providing better visibility and reducing energy costs.
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) Passive Cooling® solutions enables you to maximize cooling efficiencies without the need for additional CRAC units, in-row air conditioners or liquid cooling solutions.
Learn more about CPI’s approach to energy efficiency in the data center.