On May 17, 2018, the president signed Executive Order 13834 Regarding Efficient Federal Operations, which establishes streamlined goals for federal energy efficiency, renewable energy efficiency, and other aspects of managing operations of federal buildings.
Through the Executive Order, the Administration will drive continued action and focus on increasing efficiency of facilities and accomplishing goals in a manner that "increases efficiency, eliminates unnecessary use of resources, and protects the environment." A few of the goals are listed in the order include:
- Achieve and maintain annual reductions in building energy use and implement energy efficiency measures that reduce costs
- Ensure that new construction and major renovations conform to applicable building energy efficiency requirements and sustainable design principles
- Consider building efficiency when renewing or entering into leases; implement space utilization and optimization practices; and annually assess and report on building conformance to sustainability metrics
Considering data centers are among the most energy-hungry facilities, both federal and private data centers can benefit from current energy efficiency strategies.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) offers a wide variety of products and technologies, and can help to deliver solutions and strategies that ensure your data center or telecommunications rooms meet these requirements.
Passive Cooling® Solutions
Energy efficiency is a top priority at CPI. Our industry-leading Passive Cooling® Solutions offer innovative airflow management techniques, helping data centers maximize their cooling efficiencies without the need for additional CRAC units, in-row air conditioners or liquid cooling solutions.
- Saves up to 40 percent on total data center energy costs
- Lowers construction costs relative to active cooling solutions
- Reduces data center cooling costs up to 90 percent
- Permits chilled water temperatures to be increased, providing means for more hours of economization under high IT loads
eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
Power management within a data center—and particularly inside a cabinet—is critical to ensuring availability of all IT applications, as well as to minimize the overall energy footprint of the data center. Using CPI's eConnect® PDUs, you can boost operational efficiency by managing and monitoring power at the rack- and device-level.
- Reduces energy footprint by monitoring power consumption down to the outlet level
- Allows careful management of power and utilization with outlet-level switching
- Permits integration with Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software, which helps to trend and plot energy use and identify root cause of out of bounds conditions
Posted by Brittany Mangan, Digital Content Specialist at 5/24/2018