We're fast approaching the April 30 deadline for early-bird entries into the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Innovators Awards program. If you haven't yet completed (or started!) your submission, here's a rundown of the main criteria for program entry.
The results of this awards program will be announced in September 2019. High-scoring honorees will be recognized as a leader and innovator to the largest collection of structured cabling professionals in the world with coverage in Cabling Installation & Maintenance magazine as well as on www.cablinginstall.com. They’ll also receive a beautiful award, suitable for display at trade shows, and elsewhere!
Judges will review your entry based on the following criteria:
- Innovativeapproach to project or system design and implementation
- Value to the user, which can be measured by such qualities as return-on-investment, loss prevention, or business- efficiency gains
- Positive impact on the customer
- Sustainability, characterized by overall eco-friendliness, long-term value, lifecycle cost-effectiveness, or other measures you can describe
- Meeting a defined need as a well-conceived, well-executed initiative that fully met specific user requirements
- Collaboration, including communication and cooperation throughout the value chain through which the product or system was procured and deployed
- Impact, which can be identified by describing the difference made on the professionals involved, on the productivity of users, and/or on society as a whole.
Make sure to include the following in your judges' packet:
- A specification sheet outlining the user needs that are met
- Project begin and end dates (if applicable)
- Additional pages, as needed, to answer the question below
Optional items to consider:
- Testimonials by end-user customers
- Video footage of the product/system in use at the application site (“Smartphone-quality” video is acceptable.)