As noted by Lightwave's Stephen Hardy, the Fiber Broadband Association (FBA, formerly the FTTH Council North America) has unveiled its newly elected leadership roster for 2019. The list includes a new chairman.
The new leadership team includes:
- Chair: Kevin Morgan, chief marketing officer, Clearfield
- Vice Chair and Chair-Elect: Katie Espeseth, vice president of new products, EPB
- Secretary: Gregg Logan, vice president of engineering, Telapex, Inc. (corporate parent of the C Spire companies)
- Treasurer: Gary Bolton, vice president of global marketing, ADTRAN
- Teles Fremin, director, LUS Fiber
- John George, senior director, solutions and professional services, OFS
- Michael Hill, CEO, On Trac, Inc.
- Joanne Hovis, president, CTC Technology & Energy
- Joe Jensen, Americas market development manager, Corning Inc.
- Corporate Counsel, Ex officio: Tom Cohen, partner, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP.
Fremin joins the board for the first time, while Logan and Bolton were re-elected. Morgan will serve as chairman for a year after being made chairman-elect last year. The 2019 Management Committee will include Espeseth, Logan, and Bolton.
“Congratulations to our new Chairman Kevin Morgan and to our new and returning Board members,” said Lisa R. Youngers, president and CEO of the FBA, who is rather new herself. “I am thankful for their commitment to propelling deployment of all-fiber, future-proof networks to better connect the world. I look forward to working closely with Kevin and the board to advance the Fiber Broadband Association’s mission in the years to come.”
The FBA consists of more than 260-member companies dedicated to the increased use of optical access networks to deliver broadband to homes, multiple dwelling units, and businesses. The association changed its name in early 2017 to reflect its focus on optical access to all of these premises.