Klein Tools has this month introduced its LAN Scout Jr. 2 Data Cable Tester, a tool optimized to test installed or loose data cables terminated with RJ45 connectors, and to tone cables with multiple tone frequencies.
“Klein Tools' new LAN Scout Jr. 2 Data Cable Tester is the next generation of cable testing, designed to take all the functionality from the last LAN Scout Jr. Tester and improve upon it,” contends Karen Alpan, product manager at Klein Tools. “With the larger backlit LCD screen, more intuitive three button interface, as well as the switch from button batteries to AAAs, this tester makes testing data cables quicker and easier for professionals.”
Key features and benefits of the LAN Scout Jr. 2 Cable Tester (Cat. No. VDV526-200), per Klein Tools, include:
- Test data (RJ45) terminated cables and patch cords.
- Large backlit LCD for low lit areas displays pin to pin wiremap results.
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults, Cross-over and Shield
- Intuitive user interface features three buttons with simple, easy-to-identify test responses.
- Tone on single wire, wire pair or all 8 conductor wires.
- Multiple style tone generator (solid/warble); requires probe Cat. No. VDV500-123 (sold separately).
- Auto Power-Off feature
- Soft, slip-resistant, rugged overmold for easy gripping and durability.
- Replaceable 2 x AAA batteries (included)
- Replaceable self-storing remote (included)
- Replacement remote available; sold separately (Cat. No. VDV999-200)
For more information, visit www.kleintools.com/new-products.