Enterprise networking specialist EnGenius Technologies Inc. has announced the release of its cloud-managed ECW215 Wi-Fi 6 dual-band 2x2:2 wall-plate access point.
With a sleek, low-profile design geared for easy concealment, and using Wi-Fi 6 technology to deliver best-in-class wireless experiences to more devices like laptops, tablets, smart phones, and IoT sensors in rooms, as stated by a company press release the EnGenius ECW215AP also provides a versatile, built-in 2-port gigabit switch to connect and provide power to wired devices such as VoIP phones, where cabling or power sources are limited.
Further, the new unit's license-free cloud interface allows IT pros to "bulk" register and configure access points centrally, providing advanced client authentication for higher security, and minimizing truck-rolls with advanced AP diagnostics for remote troubleshooting.
"We know how hard it can be for installers to work with multi-tenant projects. Our goal is to make that job much easier," said Bryan Slayman, product line manager at EnGenius Technologies. "That's why we're excited to be launching a Wi-Fi 6 wall-mount AP that greatly improves installation and configuration time as well as provides efficient connectivity in apartments, hotel rooms, and college dorms. We want to help you provide the best end-user experience possible."
As enumerated by the manufacturer, more key features of the ECW215 include:
- Dual-band 802.11ax 2x2 capability supports up-to 1,200 Mbps (5 GHz) & 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz).
- Sleek, low-profile design for in-room Wi-Fi and wired connectivity.
- 802.3at PoE+ -compliant for flexible installation up to 328 feet from a power source.
- On-board 2-port switch offers VLAN support and PoE to power VoIP phones.
- SmartCasting (i.e via Chromecast and Apple TV -type devices) to stream media from mobile devices to TVs for personalized entertainment.
- SSID settings that can be automatically applied to LAN ports and provide a captive portal, splash page, and security.
- Mesh wireless support simplifies setup, optimizes signals and self-heals.
- Remotely manage, test, configure, and troubleshoot unlimited number of APs with EnGenius Cloud.
- Advanced real-time diagnostic tools to help admins troubleshoot WiFi networks with channel utilization, ping, traceroute and real-time client information.
- AP connectivity diagnostics, Wi-Fi quality testing, and device configurations.
- Quick-Scan Device register, installation, and remote monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Basic EnGenius Cloud management available free; PRO EnGenius Cloud available with license fee.
The company further noted its "innovative ECW215 smart casting feature provides smooth, fast setup and streaming on L2 guest networks for media sticks, game consoles, and other devices for an exceptional, personalized entertainment experience."
EnGenius also stated that upcoming features will add the ability to extend captive portal, splash pages, and security (which are all configurable through the SSID interface) to the extra LAN ports to unify the wireless and wired network onboarding process for a seamless user transition.
Shipping for the EnGenius cloud managed ECW215 Wi-Fi 6 dual-band 2x2:2 wall-plate access point will begin May 2022. For more information visit https://www.engeniustech.com/managed-wall-plate-access-points.html.