LTE Backhaul event to explore Carrier Ethernet solutions to mobile bandwidth demand crunch
Metro Ethernet Forum suggests that deployment of Ethernet in backhaul networks is the most cost-effective solution for operators struggling to cope with the increasing demand for data services.
LONDON -- As the demand for high speed data services continues to increase, mobile operators are looking for the most cost-efficient methods for upgrading their backhaul systems and providing the bandwidth necessary for delivering LTE services.
In an interview with Telecom IQ, Phil Tilley from the Metro Ethernet Forum suggests that the deployment of Ethernet in backhaul networks is the most cost-effective solution for operators struggling to cope with the increasing demand for data services. "In terms of price-per bit, there is no doubt that Carrier Ethernet meets the rapid demands for increases in bandwidth that are required today for all modern applications," said Tilley.
Related Article: Unwiring a city: What does it mean?
Telecom IQ's upcoming LTE Backhaul event will address key questions that mobile operators are facing as they try to achieve their migration to LTE backhaul whilst maintaining legacy infrastructure and services. Philippe Herbelin, R&D Strategy Manager at France Telecom comments, "Key questions mobile operators face on the way to LTE and beyond will be addressed during this conference."
The event will bring together a panel of senior transmission and backhaul experts involved in the practical migration to LTE Backhaul, including:
- Deepak Kakadia, IP Network Architect and Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Verizon Wireless
- Johan Brandt, Project Manager, Mobile Backhaul, Telenor Norway
- Surjeet Verma, Transport Network Architect, Hutchison 3G
- Roberto Micali, Senior Network Engineer, Telecom Italia
- Peter Zidar, Head of Standardisation Office, Mobitel Slovenia
- Berkin Kartal, Lead Engineer for NG Backhaul Project, T-Mobile Netherlands
- Roman Arcea, Mobile Packet Switch Core and IP/MPLS Network Engineer, Orange Moldova
- Radu Niculita, Technical Lead, IP Network Architect, Vodafone Romania
- Kemal Erman, Head of Technology Strategy and Planning, Vodafone Turkey
- Ian Heath, Group Chief Operating Officer, Kulacom
LTE Backhaul will be held from 3rd-6th May at America Square Conference Centre, London. For more information, visit www.ltebackhaulevent.com.