The company says the new product offering simplifies outdoor fiber-optic cable runs with a single cable rated for direct burial, FTTH (fiber-to-the-home / fiber-to-the-business) drops, and aerial scenarios. OSPFiber is billed as a cost-effective, easy-to-integrate solution for outdoor ISP, broadband, and network applications.
“Available in two strand, six strand, and 12 strand configurations, OSPFiber combines bend-insensitive single mode fiber with an outdoor-rated ruggedized jacket and integrated steel messenger wire for aerial suspension or underground toning,” explains NSI vice president Cameron Smith.
Smith adds, “Two strand OSPFiber features TechLogix's unique ‘quick strip’ technology, allowing the outer jacked to be unzipped and removed for fast in-field termination. Six strand and 12 strand OSPFiber feature a loose tube buffer design with integrated rip-cord for in-field termination.”
Salient OSPFiber features, per a TechLogix Networx press release, include:
- Single Mode OS2 fiber
- Black ruggedized LSZH jacket
- Weather-rating for water & UV exposure
- Integrated quick strip technology for fast in-field termination
- Steel messenger wire for aerial suspension or underground toning
- Dielectric strength members
- 30mm (1.18in) bend rating
- Ultra compact 5.0mm diameter (2 strand) and 11.1mm diameter (6 & 12 strand)
- 250µm internal strand size
- Conforms to IEC 60794-1-21 E1, 60794-1-21 E3, 60794-1-21 E4, 60794-1-21 E6, 60794-1-22 F1
- Stock spool lengths of 300m (1000ft) or 600m (2000ft)