Platinum Tools recently announced the launch of its MapMaster mini Pocket cable tester (p/n T109C).
Per the company, "The MapMaster mini determines wire condition, whether good or faulty, and displays it on its LCD display. A set of five mapping remotes is included for locating cables terminated in wall jacks or patch panels. The MapMaster mini also identifies the patch panel port where network cable is terminated and can find and fix the position of exposed or hidden cables."
Additional features include:
- Large LCD displays TIA/EIA568A/B wiremap sequence & easily identifies faults
- Identifies Network ID-Only Remotes Set #1-5
- Compatible with up to two test and map remotes
- Quickly identify unlabeled network cables
- Trace/locate network cables and locate breaks/opens in network cabling
- Single multi-function button operates test functions, tone generation, and ID-Only remotes location
- Self-storing remote
- Auto power off prevents depletion of battery power
“The MapMaster mini RJ45 cable tester maps multiple locations of RJ45 network cables and detects shorts, opens, miswires, reversals, and split-pairs,” explains George Jang, Platinum Tools, Inc. product manager. “A built-in tone generator with four different tone combinations can be used with a tone probe to detect where a cable is routed and the location of the end of the cable. Every installer should have this on hand for every installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance calls.”