The Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA) has announced the 2021 leadership of the association’s councils and committees, which guide the planning and development of its membership policies and education training programs.
According to an official statement, the AVIXA board of directors has appointed: Justin Frick of AV Chicago as chairperson of its Live Events Council; Vince Shuster of MediaStar Systems as chairperson for its Manufacturers Council; Kevin McLoughlin from The Royal Society of Medicine as its Membership Committee chairperson; and Gregory Rushton of Mulvey & Banani AV Inc. as co-chair of its Young AV Council.
“AVIXA’s councils and committees are made up of dedicated individuals from different facets of the industry who work together to build a stronger AV community,” said Lee Dodson, Vice President of Global Industry Engagement, AVIXA. “We’re thrilled to welcome our new leadership members who will bring their unique talents and perspectives to these roles to guide important industry initiatives.”
A complete listing of the 2021 AVIXA Council and Committee leadership is as follows:
- Consultants Council: Joseph D’Angelo, D’Angelo & Associates, and Peter Hunt, Hewshott International
- Diversity Council: Charmaine Torruella, Verrex
- Independent Technical Service Council: Mark DelGuidice, Atlantis
- Live Events Council: Justin Frick, AV Chicago
- Manufacturers Council: Vince Shuster, MediaStar Systems
- Membership Committee: Kevin McLoughlin, The Royal Society of Medicine
- Systems Integrators Council: George V. Fournier, Jr., AV Design Engineer
- Technology Managers Council: Michael Pederson, Iowa State University
- Women’s Council: Brandy Alvarado, Business Development Manager
- Young AV Council: Gregory Rushton, Mulvey & Banani AV Inc. and Matt Eckstein, AE Design, Inc.
In its statement, AVIXA thanked its outgoing council and committee leadership members including: Scott Norder, RGB Spectrum, of the association's Manufacturers Council; John Leposa, Encore, of the Live Events Council; Randy Riebe, Yamaha Corporation, of the Membership Committee; and Christopher Hewitt, University of Guelph, of the Young AV Council.
For more information about AVIXA’s councils and committees, visit www.avixa.org/about-avixa/membership/committees-councils.