Axis Communications instructs on basic installation, configuration for video surveillance at ISC East
Per the seminar's summary, "Defining what tasks need to be performed at the customer site vs. 'on the bench' at the integrators location can decrease timeframes for installation and increase successful outcomes.
In a hands-on workshop presented on November 14 at ISC East from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, experts from Axis Communications will introduce participants to the best practices of basic installation and configuration of network video devices.
Per the seminar's summary, "Defining what tasks need to be performed at the customer site vs. 'on the bench' at the integrators location can decrease timeframes for installation and increase successful outcomes. Workshop participants will leave with a checklist of installation and configuration steps which they can use as a reference when installing new video surveillance solutions."
Additional learning outcomes for seminar participants will include a better understanding of how to:
1. Identify the installation essentials of shared pathway infrastructure; Ethernet, Power over Ethernet, and Fiber Optic cabling.
2. Demonstrate proficiency with assigning of IP addresses, camera technology and setup.
3. Demonstrate proficiency with image usability through understanding the relationship between optics, sensors and lighting.
4. Recognize environmental impacts on camera selection for both indoor and outdoor scenes.
5. Review the basic differences in bandwidth compression techniques.
The workshop's presenters will include:
Jeff Coco, Director of Technical Services, Axis Communications
Dan Dumais, Technical Services Specialist – Hardware, Axis Communications
Mark Coughlin, Technical Trainerm, Axis Communications
This tutorial video shows how to install and configure the Axis network cameras P3227-LV, P3227-LVE, P3228-LV and AXIS P3228-LVE, as set up for outdoor use with the Axis ACI conduit bracket.