For the second consecutive year, Cabling Installation & Maintenance will use the BICSI Fall Conference as the platform upon which it will present awards to organizations that have demonstrated innovation in cabling product development and/or use. The 2016 Cabling Innovators Awards “will be presented to organizations that demonstrate excellence in the use of a product, application, or project,” Cabling Installation & Maintenance said when describing the program.
“Products are welcome as entries,” it continued. “An entry could include information about how a product or system has been put to use. In many cases, a product or group of products will be the centerpiece of an entry—it is the innovation worthy of recognition—and this awards program is an opportunity for product manufacturers to showcase their products’ characteristics and value. We encourage product manufacturers to use their entry as an opportunity to tell us how your product, or a group of your products, can be deployed and the value that comes from that deployment.”
BICSI’s Fall Conference and Exhibition will be held in San Antonio, TX September 11-15. During that week, at an exact time to be determined, Cabling Installation & Maintenance will present awards to organizations that, according to the program’s judging panel, demonstrated significant innovation. The photos on this page were taken during the 2015 Cabling Innovators Awards ceremony.
The judging panel will review entries and determine the extent to which they excel at any of the following characteristics.
- Innovative approach to project, application or product design and implementation
- Value to the user, which can be measured by such qualities as ROI, loss prevention, business-efficiency gains
- Sustainability, characterized by overall eco-friendliness, long-term value, lifecycle cost-effectiveness, or other measures
- Meeting a defined need as a well-conceived, well-executed initiative that fully meets specific user requirements
- Collaboration, such as communication and cooperation throughout the value chain through which the product or system is procured or deployed
- Impact, which can be identified by describing the difference the product, application or project makes on the professionals involved, on the productivity of its ultimate users, and/or on society as a whole.
The deadline for submissions is May 18, after which time the judging panel will begin their reviews.