Concert Technologies debuts 'Demarc Extension' brand, standardization website
Concert Technologies announced the launch of its Demarc Extension Nationwide brand and an associated website which defines previously non-existent standards for a demarc extension.
The company maintains the following: FCC part 68 regulation and federal law mandates every telecommunications circuit to have a demarc extension. This is the critical cabling and equipment that extends a circuit in the building from the local access provider’s demarcation point to the edge customer’s premises equipment. There are thousands of circuits delivered weekly to organizations across the country with each circuit requiring a demarc extension. Without the standardization of terms and installation practices, there is a high risk of negative impact to the delivery, performance and maintenance of critical telecommunications circuits and their access to the internet and other network connections outside of a facility.
“This has been a problem in the industry for over three decades,” said Dennis Mazaris, developer of Demarc Extension Nationwide and President of Concert Technologies. “The lack of industry standards and terms has caused confusion, delayed communication flow and finger pointing, as well as issues in overall service delivery. With a decade and a half of experience deploying technology nationwide and globally, we have taken the initiative in defining and standardizing a demarc extension, the single most critical cabling component within a facility.”
The Demarc Extension Nationwide initiative is intended to standardize the previous confusion within the telecommunications and technology industry. Concert says the Demarc Extension Nationwide brand was developed for the following purposes:
* To deliver an accelerated and exceptional level of nationwide service, including international capabilities, for the installation and maintenance of demarc extensions.
* Eliminate management needs and effort by providing all demarc extension services from a single nationwide provider.
* To provide clear and concise information to the telecommunications market and facilitate the understanding of specifications and installation practices for the demarc extension.
In addition to information to help solution providers, end users and the industry at large understand and properly identify what a demarc extension is, the new website also includes the following:
* Defined Demarc Extension and Associated Terms
* Diagrams and Configuration Options
* Standardized Naming Conventions and Definitions
* Demarc Extensions History and FAQs
* Demarc Extension Nationwide Services
* Manufacture specifications for cabling and equipment for demarc extensions based on circuit type
Demarc Extension Nationwide is a brand of Concert Technologies and was developed to provide telecommuication professionals with installation services and education of the demarc extension. In addition to providing these nationwide installation and maintenance services, the brand sets the standards and supplies the necessary information to facilitate the understanding of specifications and installation practices for demarc extensions. Visit Demarc Extension Nationwide online at www.demarcextension.com.