The 2022 Cabling Innovators Awards program features 9 product categories for submission, plus an additional category for applications, which are as follows:
Active Infrastructure Devices
Products that effect the generation, transmission or routing of signal and/or remote power. Examples of products in this category include transceivers, switches, media converters, Power over Ethernet power sourcing equipment (PSE).
Cable Protection and Management
Products and systems that help ensure the security of an installed cabling plant, or that facilitate the identification of cables, ports, and connections. Entrants into this category can include cable labeling equipment, intelligent infrastructure management systems, DCIM programs, grounding and bonding equipment, and AC-power-related systems such as surge-protection devices. This is also the category for products like hook-and-loop fasteners and cable ties.
Cable of any construction (fiber-optic, twisted-pair, hybrid, coaxial, twinaxial, etc.) and wireless media like access points, antennas, and similar equipment. We also classify patch cords, jumpers, and assemblies as Cabling Media. This is the appropriate category in which to enter a complete end-to-end system that includes cable, connectivity, and other physical-layer components.
Connection & Cross Connection Devices
This is the appropriate category for products or components to which a cable is terminated: plugs, jacks, patch panels. It’s also the category for related products, such as adapters.
Distribution and Routing Equipment
The products and systems that facilitate or enhance any part of cabling’s journey through the enterprise, industrial, data center or other network. This category includes above-ceiling support devices like tray, hooks, and other systems. It includes housing equipment including racks and enclosures/cabinets. Conduit, innerduct and surface-mount raceways are in this category as well. We also include in this category products and equipment used in a cable pull—carts, caddies, reels, lubricants, and mechanical devices that help move cable from Point A to Point B.
Specialized Equipment & Materials
This category recognizes some of the specialty tools that ICT professionals use in the planning and execution of projects. Software packages like project estimating are included, as well as software programs that conduct site surveys for wireless-system deployments. BIM software and other project-design tools also fit in this category.
Splicing And Termination Equipment
The tools and devices used in the process of cable termination and splicing are featured here. Fusion splicers and mechanical splices, closures/trays, cleavers, and fiber cleaning and inspection equipment are among the products for fiber termination. Also in this category are crimpers, punchdown tools, and any other toolbelt items used in the termination process.
From the traditional to the unique, test and measurement equipment, tools, and accessories are recognized in this category.
If your organization has launched a program that improves or enhances the way ICT professionals carry out their work, it’s worthy of recognition in this category. Anything from a warranty program, to an as-a-service offering, to training and education offerings can be entered here.
Applications and Case Studies
Tell us the whole story about a project you were part of, that displayed the innovative characteristics we honor in this program. Customer-focused and collaborative approaches to projects and cabling-system deployments make a project shine throughout the value chain—from manufacturer to distributor to design and installation pro to end-user organization. This category recognizes innovative and showpiece projects that are exemplary.
Why enter the Cabling Installation & Maintenance 2022 Cabling Innovators Awards program? Below are listed just a few of the many benefits associated with entering this year’s awards.
- Cabling Innovators Award honorees have made a groundbreaking contribution to the structured cabling industry and are recognized as leaders and innovators to the largest collection of structured cabling professionals, with coverage on www.cablinginstall.com.
- Being an honoree is validation of your product or service from a credible third party to the structured cabling industry. It’s a great way to reinforce the quality of your product or service to existing customers as well as potential customers.
- Being recognized with a 2022 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Innovators Award is an additional tool for your sales team to use as part of their sales pitch. Companies recognized with this prestigious distinction can better compete for business as recognized honorees are less risky for potential customers.
- Honorees rise above the competition and instantly tell the structured cabling industry their project, product or application has something unique and worthy of review. You may fully capitalize on your successful entry with announcements that grow your visibility in the industry. We even provide a press-release template to use to promote your honoree status.
- Honorees are the proud recipients of the coveted Cabling Installation & Maintenance Innovators Award to be highlighted at your booth during the 2022 BICSI Fall Conference and then showcased in your company lobby. You’ll also be able to use the 2022 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Innovators Award logo on your website and marketing literature to reinforce your success.