Klein Tools unveils WiFi Borescope
The WiFi Borescope features a small, rugged camera and a 6-foot waterproof gooseneck to capture vivid images and video even when maneuvering around tough obstacles.
In April, Klein Tools launched its WiFi Borescope (Cat. No. ET20), a tool that enables professionals to easily display, save and share jobsite images and videos probed from difficult spaces through a mobile app compatible with Android or iPhone devices.
“The WiFi Borescope features a small, rugged camera and a 6-foot waterproof gooseneck to capture vivid images and video even when maneuvering around tough obstacles,” explains Aaron Holcomb, product manager at Klein Tools. He adds, “Once the Klein Tools Borescope App is installed, professionals can quickly connect their smartphone via the built-in WiFi signal, making it easier to display, record, store and share the camera’s output.”
Per the company, a summary of the WiFi Borescope's key features includes:
• Transmits and displays images and video directly to compatible smartphones up to 30 feet (9m) away
• 9 mm camera has six on-board, adjustable LED lights and outputs high-quality 640 x 480 images
• 6-foot (1.8m) IP67 waterproof camera gooseneck maneuvers around obstacles while maintaining rigidity
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery has a 5-hour runtime
• WiFi connection and battery status indicators track proper functionality
• Camera LEDs controlled directly from the Borescope or in the app
• Conveniently display, store and share images and videos via text or email on the Klein Tools Borescope App
• Includes easy-to-carry pocket clip, USB charging cable, hook attachment, carrying case and instructions
The company says it expects the WiFi Borescope to help professionals save time spent reporting camera output by transforming compatible smartphones to "smart tools" usable across all jobsites.
The associated Klein Tools Borescope App is available free at Google Play or the App Store. Key features include:
• Easily displays borescope output to compatible iPhone / Android devices
• Rotate the image without struggling with the camera and cable orientation
• Capture, record, save and share images and videos transmitted from the borescope
• Conveniently manage camera LED lights
• Adjust camera and video settings for optimum capturing
*Optimized for Apple iOS Version 6 or higher and Android Version 4.2 or higher
For current new tool product info from Klein Tools, visit this handy link: www.kleintools.com/new-products