On June 21 and 22, 2011, the DAS Forum will host a conference in Arlington, VA dedicated to business and technical issues related to wireless distributed antenna systems (DAS). The conference program, which can be seen on the DAS Forum website, includes a tour of the DAS facilities at the venue that will host the conference, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel.
Other topics scheduled to be covered in the conference include the following.
- DAS in the 4G network
- Public policies that impact the DAS market
- The relationship between DAS and green-building design
- Relationship-building between utility and wireless-infrastructure providers
- Deploying services in the indoor environment
- Indoor-wireless business models
- DAS in multitenant and enterprise environments
The DAS Forum describes itself as a broad-based non-profit organization dedicated to the development of the DAS component of the nation's wireless network. Its membership includes companies with structured-cabling components to their business including Andrew (part of CommScope), Corning Cable Systems and TE Connectivity (formerly ADC). Other members include wireless companies such as AT&T, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile.
You may also be interested in viewing the on-demand webcast seminar entitled In-Building Wireless Systems. The seminar includes a presentation on the rise of in-building DAS.