Platinum Tools last month announced the launch of its new Fiber Optic Cleaner product line. The line's two new color-coded fiber-optic cleaners are available in 1.25mm (p/n FC125) and 2.50mm (p/n FC250) sizes.
Key features and specifications of the new product line include the following:
- Silk thread provides more than 900 cleanings and advances automatically after each use for particle-free connections.
- Single push cleans with ease.
- Unique two-position cap cleans ports and connectors with the same device.
- Weight: 2 oz.
- Length: Under 9 inches (225 mm).
- Blue tip = 1.25 mm size for LC and MU connectors.
- White tip = 2.50 mm size for SC, FC and ST connectors.
- MSRP for both sizes: $87.50
“These new, easy-to-use, pen-style cleaners have been designed to work with virtually all common fiber-optic sizes and connector types, allowing you to clean connectors and ports for the best possible optical performance,” commented Sean Rothermel, Platinum Tools product manager. “With two sizes with color-coded tips for easy identification, all you need to do is push to effortlessly clean fiber ports or connectors. It really is that simple.”
Platinum Tools bills itself as an expert in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination, and testing of wire and cable. For more information, visit www.platinumtools.com or call (800) 749-5783.