The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) recently announced winners of its inaugural TIA Star Awards, which recognize the association’s most active companies and individuals for their contributions to the advancement of TIA, as well as industry objectives and initiatives.
Jonathan Jew, president of J&M Consulting, earned the top individual honor and Motorola Solutions earned the top company honor.
“To measure member engagement among companies and their individual volunteers, TIA instituted a new automated system that generates points for predefined activities and tracks totals for all contributing member companies and individuals who are active in, and contribute to, TIA initiatives such as standards development, technology enablement programs, and government advocacy,” the TIA said when announcing the inaugural awards.
In 2013, Cabling Installation & Maintenance honored Jonathan Jew as one of 20 positive contributors to the ICT industry.
“TIA congratulates Jonathan Jew, our individual winner of the 2021 TIA Star Award, and Motorola Solutions, our company winner of the 2021 TIA Star Award,” said David Stehlin, TIA’s chief executive officer. “While we have tremendous engagement across our communities, as we together drive our industry forward, certain individuals and companies have gone above and beyond and dedicated significant effort. In this amazing time of technological advancement, we are grateful for the contributions of the top-performing members and participants of TIA. Their collective effort continuously improves trust and performance in perhaps the globe’s most important industry.”
In addition to recognizing Jonathan Jew and Motorola Solutions, TIA also recognized the top contributing 2% and 5% of individuals and companies.
In the individual category, top 2% winners were:
- Andy Davis, Motorola Solutions
- Diane Forbes, NIS
- David Hess, CORD DATA
- George Kizer, CSI Telecommunications Inc.
- Wayne Larsen, CommScope Network Solutions
- Valerie Maguire, The Siemon Company
- Cindy Montstream, Legrand
- Greg Sandels, OFS
- Steve Swanson, Corning Inc.
- Brad Woodman, Molex Inc.
- Tim Woodward, Motorola Solutions
Also in the individual category, top 5% winners were:
- Jerry Bowman, Square Mile Systems
- Howard Choe, Wireless Sensor Networks
- David Cuthbertson, Square Mile Systems
- Raymond Emplit, Harger Inc.
- Henry Franc, Belden
- Seymour Goldstein, Fluke Networks
- Phillip Irwin, Panduit Corporation
- David Kozischek, Corning Inc.
- John Lambrou, Motorola Solutions
- Bryan Lanier, American Tower Corp.
- Scott Payton, Global Data Center Engineering KK
- Christopher Ply, Engineered Tower Solutions
- Peter Pondillo, Corning Inc.
- Mark Reynolds, University of New Mexico
- Ron Tellas, Belden
- Kenneth Wacks, Home Building & Utility Systems
- Sunny Xu, CommScope Network Solutions
In the organization category, top 2% winners were:
- CommScope Network Solutions
- Corning Inc.
- CSI Telecommunications Inc.
- J&M Consultants
- The Siemon Company
Also in the organization category, top 5% winners were: